Flying M Air bills clients for flight time based on its helicopter’s Hobbs meter, which records time related to the flight, measured in 1/10th hour. Flying M Air does not hide other charter costs or tack on extras. Our rates include fuel and a pilot. Some operators charge extra for either or both!
Our charter rates do not include sales tax, which we are required by the State of Washington to collect and pay. East Wenatchee’s current sales tax rate is 8.2%; we may be required to collect tax at a different rate depending on where the flight originated. There is no sales tax on air-taxi flight services, which are considered transportation.
The following is a summary of our charter rates, which are applied to any custom services. All rates are per flight, not per person. We can take up to 3 passengers per flight; weight restrictions apply*.
Flight Time (Engine On)
The following rates apply for flight time:
Flight time (with passengers on board):
Aircraft repositioning time (with just the pilot on board):
- If the total flight time is less than 5 hours, repositioning time is $545/hour
- If the total flight time is 5 or more hours, repositioning time is $495/hour
These rates apply to the time the engine is running. Time is measured by an on-board Hobbs meter, which records engine-on time in 1/10 hour increments.
There is a one hour minimum for all flights.
Jobs requiring more than 8 hours of flight time must be conducted over two or more days. Wait/overnight fees (see below) will apply.
Regular clients can prepay for flight time in bulk at a discount of 10% or more. Contact us for details.
Part 135 Landing Fees
The Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 135.160 requires all helicopters to install a radio altimeter. This piece of equipment, which we are in the process of obtaining, will cost $13,500 to $20,000 to install. Unfortunately, we need to recoup the cost of this new equipment from the flights that require it: Part 135 air taxi, tour, and charter flights. You can learn more here.
That said, Flying M Air now charges a $25 landing fee for each landing conducted as part of a Part 135 flight.
Pilot Waiting Time (Engine Off)
If our pilot is required to wait at your destination for a return flight and that waiting time exceeds 1 hour per hour of flight time, the following fees are charged:
- Up to 1 hour per hour of flight time: included
- More than 1 hour per hour of flight time: $75/hour
- Overnight: $300-$400/night (depending on location and whether client covers expenses)
For example, if you have a 1.8 hour flight, the first 1.8 hours of pilot wait time is included. Any wait time beyond that is charged at $75/hour. If a flight requires an overnight stay, overnight fees apply instead.
Charter services may require a deposit of $250 or 10% of the expected charter cost (whichever is more) at the time the charter is booked. Be sure to inquire about cancellation policies when booking.
Flying M Air accepts the following methods of payment:
- American Express
We can only accept credit cards issued by US companies. We do not accept third-party checks. We cannot invoice for services for new clients without a credit card number as a backup payment method.
* We can take one, two, or three passengers per flight. There is a per-seat weight limit of 275 pounds. There is a total passenger weight limit of 600 pounds. Please be prepared to provide passenger weights when signing up for any flight. On flights with per flight pricing, the price per flight is the same no matter how many passengers fly. Reservations are required; please book at least 48 hours in advance to assure availability.