The following is a list of positions available at Flying M Air. All positions listed are on a contract basis. Flying M Air does not have any full-time or part-time employee positions.
Cherry Drying Pilot with Helicopter
Flying M Air hires up to four cherry drying pilots with a helicopters each summer for cherry season. The work is in the Wenatchee area of Washington State and the contracts run from 4 to 8 weeks, depending on demand.
- Commercial pilot certificate, rotorcraft helicopter
- Class 2 or 1 medical
- Minimum of 500 hours PIC helicopter
- Minimum of 100 hours make and model
- Good hovering skills in all conditions, including winds exceeding 15 knots.
- Suitable, reliable helicopter (R44 preferred), with at least 50 hours until major maintenance required. (Leased aircraft is okay, but we will not lease the aircraft for you.)
- $1 million (minimum) liability insurance
- Reliable cell phone with in-aircraft communication capability.
- Ground transportation in Wenatchee area a plus. (We cannot provide transportation.)
This job requires a commitment to live in the area for the entire length of the contract. (Low-cost motel housing is available.) Pilot is on call during all daylight hours and may be called to fly before dawn. There are no days off during the contract. We expect the contract to begin in mid June and run into mid to late July or early August.
Pilot responsible for monitoring the weather in the coverage area to know possibility of rain at all times. Pilot must be airborne within 15 minutes of receiving a call to fly. Pilot must fly until job is done to client’s satisfaction. Night flying will not be required.
Compensation consists of daily standby fee plus hourly fee for flight time. Pay is negotiable based on helicopter model and pilot experience. We do not directly pay any expenses; all expenses must be covered by pilot. We do not pay ferry costs to get your helicopter from your base to Wenatchee and back. All expenses should be covered by standby amounts.
This is not a time building job. Expect to fly between 0 and 40 hours during this period.
We will provide training in your aircraft. (We do not pay for training flights.)
If you are interested in this position, please give us a call in March or early April at 509/699-8044. Please do not call unless you meet all of the above requirements.
If you cannot bring a helicopter, do not call. We are not hiring pilots without helicopters.
Please note that we deal directly with pilot owners. We are not interested in dealing with middle men. If you or one of your employees will not be flying your helicopter, please do not call.
Flying M Air is a single-pilot Part 135 operation. We are not hiring charter or tour pilots and do not foresee a need to in the future.